SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) is an industrial control system for remote data acquisition and process controlling. ScadaBR is an open source software for SCADA and can freely be downloaded. In this tutorial we are going to set up a graphical control cockpit for monitoring temperature and humidity using Querx TH. Set up for other egnite Smart Sensors can be carried out similarly.
Step 1: Install ScadaBR and log in
1: Download the ScadaBR installer from http://www.scadabr.com.br/?q=download
2: Start the installer and follow the instructions on the screen
3: Open a web browser and enter the following URL: http://localhost:8080/ScadaBR/
4: No log in to ScadaBr. In the default configuration User-ID and Password are admin.
Create a new data source
To read measured values, we need to add data point. The temperature value returned by the Querx TH is a 2 byte signed integer, which can be addressed over the offset 10. So please enter following data in the Point Locator Test section:
1. Register range: Input register
2. Modbus data type: 2 byte signed integer
3. Offset (0-based): 10
To test, if your configuration is valid,
4. click on Read
ScadaBR will display a number in the lower left corner of the Point locator test section. This is the currently amount of degrees in Celsius, multiplied with 10.
5. If everything works as expected, click on Add Point.
Now, you need to connect Querx TH to ScadaBR. To do so, you need to add a data source, which is a representation of the unit and data points, which represent the particular measured values. ScadaBR supports a multitude of interfaces. For Querx, you can use SNMP or Modbus/TCP. As ScadaBR's SNMP support is on a very basic level, Modbus/TCP is used in this tutorial.
Add data points
A new form is being display for sepcifying the new data point.
1. Provide a name for the data point, in this case Temperature
2. Set a custom multiplier. To avoid commas, the transmitted values are ten times higher than the actual value. So set the multiplier to 0.1.
3. Finally save the new data point
Now add another data point for the humidity sensor.
1. In the section Point locator test enter
Register range: Input register
Modbus data type: 2 byte signed integer
2. Add the point and enter following data in section Point details
A name for the sensor, here Humidity
A multiplier of 1, as the humidity is transmitted as it is.
3. Save your changes.
Now, you need to activate your data source an the data point.
1. Activate the data point for Humidity by clicking on the building block, so it turn green.
2. Activate the data point for Temperature by clicking on the building block, so it turns green.
3. Activate the data data source by clicking on the data base symbol, so it turns green as well.
4. Don't forget to save the device afterward.